Google Apps Deciphered is a guide to setting up Google Apps, migrating to it, customizing it, and using it to improve productivity, communications, and collaboration. I walk you through each leading component of Google Apps individually, and then show my readers exactly how to make them work together for you on the Web or by integrating them with your favorite desktop apps. I provide practical insights on Google Apps programs for email, calendaring, contacts, wikis, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, video, and even Google’s new web browser Chrome. My aim was to collect together and present tips and tricks I’ve gained by using and setting up Google Apps for clients, family, and friends.
Here’s the table of contents:
- Choosing an Edition of Google Apps
- Setting Up Google Apps
- Migrating Email to Google Apps
- Migrating Contacts to Google Apps
- Migrating Calendars to Google Apps
- Managing Google Apps Services
- Setting Up Gmail
- Things to Know About Using Gmail
- Integrating Gmail with Other Software and Services
- Integrating Google Contacts with Other Software and Services
- Setting Up Google Calendar
- Things to Know About Using Google Calendar
- Integrating Google Calendar with Other Software and Services
- Things to Know About Using Google Docs
- Integrating Google Docs with Other Software and Services
- Setting Up Google Sites
- Things to Know About Using Google Sites
- Things to Know About Using Google Talk
- Things to Know About Using Start Page
- Things to Know About Using Message Security and Recovery
- Things to Know About Using Google Video
- Appendix A: Backing Up Google Apps
- Appendix B: Dealing with Multiple Accounts
- Appendix C: Google Chrome: A Browser Built for Cloud Computing
If you want to know more about Google Apps and how to use it, then I know you’ll enjoy and learn from Google Apps Deciphered.
Read an excerpt: Five Things You Need to Know About Gmail.
Translated into Chinese!