To register for this course, please visit the course page at CAIT’s website.
Throughout earlier Web Content Development Curriculum courses, students have learned how to use the necessary tools for developing websites. In Mastering Effective Website Design—the final course in the Web Content Development Curriculum—students learn how to design useful, effective, & attractive websites. Taught by two experienced instructors who have over three decades of web design and development experience between them, you will learn both principles and real world solutions that will make your websites work beautifully.
Mastering Effective Website Design is the final core course in the Web Content Development Curriculum. It is also aimed at Web project managers, coders, and anyone who needs to develop and design websites.
Exploring HTML5 & CSS (HTML01) or equivalent experience.
- Discover how to evaluate the design of a website
- Learn how to structure your website, webpages, & templates
- Find out the best places to acquire great, legal resources you can use
- Walk through a comprehensive design process
- Use colors, fonts, images, & multimedia effectively
- Develop responsive websites with Bootstrap, a powerful mobile-first framework
- Build a website incorporating everything you’ve learned in the web content curriculum
- Design patterns
- Design theory
- Design structure
- Site organization
- Webpage template components
- Design components: balance, unity, emphasis
- Discover, Design, Develop, Deploy
- Information architecture
- Responsive web design
- Color schemes
- Fonts & typography
- Typography basics
- Font defaults
- Font properties
- Embedded fonts
- Images & multimedia
- Finding images & multimedia
All the slides for this course are available under a Creative Commons license.