On this page…
To register for this course, please visit the course page at CAIT’s website.
This course focuses on advanced features of CSS. Students will learn essential information about CSS, including selectors & data types, both of which are critical to understanding CSS. From there, we’ll dive into various deep subjects, such as layout, stying shapes, animation, & media-specific styles for printing & responsive web design (covered extensively in another course). Taught by two experienced instructors who have over three decades of web design and development experience between them, you will learn both principles and real world solutions that will make your websites work beautifully.
Web designers and developers already familiar with Cascading Style Sheets.
Exploring HTML5 & CSS (HTML01) or equivalent experience in HTML & CSS.
- Use CSS to control multiple web pages simultaneously
- Understand some of the most important concepts of CSS: inheritance & the Cascade
- Go through every CSS selector & data type that developers need to know
- Learn how to precisely control the appearance of web sites
- Find out how to animate and transform objects with CSS (it’s fun!)
- Discover how to take the same HTML & apply different CSS to make it look & behave differently when printing or on different devices
- CSS Selectors
- Key selectors
- Basic selectors
- CSS Data Types
- CSS Layout
- Layout modes
- Box model
- The display property
- Styling Shapes
- Border effects
- Media-Specific Styles
- Print CSS
- Media queries
- Animation & Transformation
- The transition property
- The animation property
- The transform property
- Tables & Lists
All the slides for this course are available under a Creative Commons license.